Connect GroupsThe beating heart of our church community
Connect Groups are smaller groups of people from the church who meet together regularly in an informal environment – usually in homes, but potentially anywhere! These groups provide great teaching & discussion, as well as a chance to connect more personally with each other.
Connect Group Leaders are also available to pray, visit, counsel and support their members in any way needed. Through relationships built within the group, members also look out for each other (Christian care) and ensure each part of the group is cared for.
Connect Groups for Adults & Youth meet in the evening (Tues, Wed & Thurs), plus a Ladies’ day-time group. All groups meet weekly except during School Holiday breaks.
The Purpose of Connect Groups
- A Connect Group is a Care Group It is a place where Christians can gather together to care for one another through friendship, encouragement and practical expressions of love and kindness.
- A Connect Group is a Disciple Making Group It is a place where Christians can grow together to become fervent followers of Jesus Christ through the process of discipling, teaching and mentoring.
- A Connect Group is a Ministry Group It is a place where Christians can develop and use their God-given gifts and abilities to help others.
- A Connect Group is an Outreach Group . It is a place where Christians can bring their friends, neighbours and relatives in order for them to experience the life that is in Jesus Christ.
Why do I need a Connect Group?
- To establish meaningful relationships.
- To grow in my relationship with God and others.
- To find strength when I am in need.
- To develop the ministries that God has given me.
- To help me evangelise
For more information, contact Pastor Shane Whitbourn: 0417 509 516